This easy meal is ready in minutes. Vary the vegetables depending on what is in season and available. Makes a healthy, delicious meal!
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 c broccoli florets
- 1 medium bell pepper, cut in strips
- 6 c bok choy, chopped
- 1 inch ginger root, grated
- 1-2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 4 c water
- 1 Tbsp vegetarian chicken-style broth mix
- 6 oz buckwheat noodles
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seed oil
- In a large heavy pot or wok over high heat, warm the olive oil. Add broccoli and stir-fry 3 minutes.
- Add bell pepper strips and bok choy. Stir-fry another 4 minutes.
- Stir in the ginger, garlic, salt and pepper. Saute one minute.
- Remove pot from flame and set aside.
- In a medium pot, place the water. Mix in the broth mix and bring to a boil on high heat.
- Stir in the noodles; bring back to boil. Boil 4 minutes, or according to package directions.
- Drain noodles and add them to pot of stir-fried vegetables. Toss well and add the soy sauce and sesame oil. Toss again until well distributed.
- Serve hot.