Makes 6 medium-large cupcakes.
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp softened butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 c canned crushed pineapple with juice
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 1 c all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 c (rounded) walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 c (rounded) unsweetened flaked dry coconut
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened flaked dry coconut
Batter and Baking:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and butter a muffin pan with 6 medium large wells.
- In a medium bowl, beat the egg, softened butter, and vanilla.
- Add pineapple, brown sugar, flour, and baking soda. Beat together with a wooden spoon until well-blended.
- Fold in the nuts and coconut.
- Spoon batter into muffin pan, filling wells nearly to the top.
- Bake 15 minutes, or until tops are firm and a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Cool cupcakes in pan 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, beat together the cream cheese and honey until smooth and creamy.
- Divide evenly among the cupcakes and spread on tops.
- Sprinkle with coconut. Press coconut in with the back of a spoon and serve.