- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 8 oz soy chorizo
- 2 c kale, chopped
- 8 oz cornbread, crumbled
- 4 oz pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 1 c grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 tsp Mexican oregano
- In a large, heavy pot over medium heat, warm the vegetable oil.
- Add onions and bell pepper. Saute 3 minutes.
- Squeeze the chorizo from the casing into the pot and saute another 3 minutes.
- Add kale and stir in until wilted and well-combined (4 minutes).
- Remove pot from flame. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and butter an 11 x 7 x 2 inch baking dish.
- Add the cornbread in an even layer on the bottom of the pan.
- Spoon the chorizo mixture evenly on top.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Scatter the grape tomatoes evenly on top. Sprinkle with oregano.
- Bake 20 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the dish is hot. Serve with a fresh salad.