Makes about 18 small cakes.
Use leftover mashed potatoes that have butter and milk in them or use plain cooked potatoes that have been mashed to make these tasty cakes.
- 6 oz silken tofu
- 1 c mashed potatoes
- 1/2 c all purpose flour
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 tsp season salt
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp butter
- In a large bowl, mash the tofu and potatoes together.
- Add flour, green onions, season salt, and chili powder. Mix well. Stir in the beaten eggs and blend well.
- Heat up a griddle or heavy skillet on medium high.
- Working in one or two batches, warm up enough of the oil and butter to coat your cooking surface. Drop batter by heaping teaspoons and shape with back of spoon.
- Fry about 2-3 minutes per side, or until well browned and firm. Transfer to plates and serve hot with sour cream, chili sauce, or salsa.