Vegetables in Mitarashi Sauce
- 1/3 c water
- 2 1/2 Tbsp sugar
- 5 tsp soy sauce
- 2 1/2 tsp corn starch
- 3 medium carrots
- 1 large onion
- 2 medium green bell peppers
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- Place the water, sugar, soy sauce and corn starch in a small saucepan. Whisk together over medium low heat.
- Whisking constantly, bring to boiling. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Peel the carrots and cut on the diagonal in 1/4 inch slices.
- Cut onion in half and cut each half in 1/4 inch slices
- Remove membranes and seeds from peppers. Cut in 1/4 inch slices.
- In a large skillet over medium low heat, warm the oil. Add carrots and sauté them for 5 minutes, or until lightly browned in places.
- Add onions, bell peppers, salt and red pepper flakes. Sauté another 5 minutes, or until tender.
- Stir in the Mitarashi Sauce and heat through. Serve hot.