- 2 medium potatoes (Russet or Yukon Gold)
- 1/8 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/8 tsp granulated onion
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- Wash carefully and dry the potatoes. Shred on a box grater or similar. (No need to peel potatoes.)
- Place a sieve over a bowl. Working over the sieve, take a handful of the potatoes and squeeze tightly to remove all liquid. Repeat with remaining potatoes. Discard liquid and place dry potatoes in the bowl.
- Add granulated garlic, granulated onion, paprika, and salt; blend well.
- Preheat a large skillet on medium low. Heat oil in the skillet.
- Add shredded potatoes in a thin, even layer. Allow to cook 7 minutes without disturbing them.
- Flip the potatoes over; allow to cook another 7 minutes undisturbed.
- Transfer to plates and serve hot with eggs or sausages.