Vegetarian Chicken Ranch SaladMany restaurants offer green salads with grilled chicken or breaded chicken on top, often with a creamy dressing. Here is a vegetarian version that is satisfying and light for a hot summer day. We have used Cedar Lake Chik'n Dinner Vegetable and Grain Protein, but other similar brands may be used as well.
- 1-20 oz can Cedar Lake Chik'n Dinner, drained
- 1/4 c all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/4 c mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1/2 c plain fine dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1/2 c oil for frying
- mixed greens for the salad
- Ranch dressing or any creamy dressing
- In a small bowl, mix the flour, salt, and pepper.
- In a second small bowl, mix the mayonnaise and water until smooth.
- In a third bowl, mix the bread crumbs and poultry seasoning.
- Dredge the drained "Chik'n pieces in the flour mixture.
- Dip the floured "Chik'n" pieces in the mayonnaise mixture.
- Bread the "Chik'n" pieces in the dry bread crumbs.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium low heat. Add the "Chik'n" pieces and fry until brown (only a couple of minutes or so). Turn and fry on the other side.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Place the raw greens in serving bowls. Top with "Chik'n" and dress with Ranch Dressing.