Carrot Apricot Salad
- 8 medium carrots
- 12 dried apricots
- 1/4 c cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1/4 c lime juice
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- Peel carrots and shred them coarsely.
- Using kitchen sheers, snip the dried apricots into strips.
- Place carrots, apricots and cilantro in a salad bowl.
- In a jar or small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, olive oil, brown sugar, salt and red pepper flakes until homogenous.
- Pour the dressing on the salad and toss well. Cover and refrigerate an hour or more to blend flavors. Serve chilled and use with three days.