Artichokes prepared this way are deliciously sauced in a rosemary/garlic butter, and they are easy to eat because they have been trimmed, chokes removed and halved. Very nice and fairly easy to make!
- 4 large artichokes
- 8 Tbsp unsalted butter or olive oil
- 8 large cloves garlic, crushed or minced
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 8 small sprigs rosemary
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Starting with one artichoke, cut the stem down to about 1″. Remove any small leaves on the stem.
- Slice off the tip of the artichoke by about one inch.
- Using a kitchen sheers, snip off all the sharp tips on the remaining leaves.
- Cut the artichoke in half lengthwise. Use a teaspoon to remove the choke (leaving the artichoke heart intact).
- Place each artichoke half on its own sheet of aluminum foil and dot with a diced tablespoon of butter (or drizzle with a tablespoon of olive oil).
- Sprinkle an eighth of the garlic on each half and lay on a sprig of rosemary. Wrap the artichoke half in the foil and place on a large baking sheet.
- Repeat with remaining artichokes.
- Roast for one hour. Carefully unwrap artichokes and remove rosemary sprigs. Place them on a large platter and serve hot.