Vegetable Nut Sandwich Filling
If you have an electric blender, food chopper, or food processor, this is an easy filling to make. I put it on slices of Country Bran Bread for a delicious sandwich!
Makes about 2 cups of filling.
- 1 small carrot, peeled, chopped
- 1/4 c chopped cabbage
- 1 rib celery, chopped
- 1/4 c olives, pitted
- 1 c almond flour or almond meal
- 2 oz Havarti cheese, cubed
- 3 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp sweet pickle relish
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Place all ingredients in an electric blender, food chopper, or food processor and pulse until the texture looks like tuna salad.
- Transfer to a bowl or refrigerator container and stir well. Spread on bread to make sandwiches. Top with dill pickles, lettuce and/or tomatoes.
- Store unused portion in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.