Thank you for joining us once again for Terkettes Tuesday. This entry is a very quick and easy dish to make. A meal in itself, Terkettes Foo Yong may be served with soba noodles or rice.
- 1 c Terkettes, finely chopped (or use seitan)
- 1 c celery, finely chopped (or 1 c whole bean sprouts)
- 1 bunch green onions, finely chopped (reserve 1 T for garnish)
- 1/2 bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2-3 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 recipe sauce (see below)
- 1 tsp black or brown sesame seeds
- In medium bowl, mix Terkettes, celery, green onions, bell pepper, soy sauce and salt.
- Add the beaten eggs and blend well. If using a large griddle, preheat it on medium low.
- Spread canola oil on the griddle and drop the batter by heaping tablespoons.
- Cook about 3 minutes on each side or until brown and set up. (This recipe should make 12 little “omelets”.) If using a large skillet, set it on medium low heat, use a tablespoon of oil per batch, and work in three batches of four “omelets” each.
- Drain on paper towels or a clean tea towel.
- Pour warm sauce in the bottom of a large platter; then mound the foo young on top and sprinkle with reserved green onions and sesame seeds.
- Serve hot or warm.
- 1 1/2 c vegetarian chicken style broth (We use McKay’s.)
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoon cold water
- Heat broth with molasses and soy sauce.
- Combine cornstarch with cold water; stir it until smooth and add to the saucepan.
- Whisk the mixture until it just comes to the boil and thickens.