This is a nifty little recipe to keep in your file. It has that same smokey taste of ham salad and a great texture. It can also be used in many party sandwiches and canapés. Use Loma Linda Big Franks as they are very flavorful with none of the bitterness found in some vegetarian franks.
Makes 3 cups.
- 6 Loma Linda Big Franks wieners
- 1/2 small onion
- 2 Tbsp sweet pickle relish
- 1/4 c mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 c celery, finely chopped (optional)
- Using a box grater or food processor, grate the wieners and onion until fine.
- Add the relish, mayonnaise, and nutritional yeast. Blend well.
- At this point, you may stir in finely chopped celery (or red bell peppers), and place the “ham salad” on your favorite bread with lettuce, tomato and dill pickles.