Looking for ways to use ripe pears? This is an easy, yet elegant and healthful, dessert. It’s especially good for light summer meals.
- 4 small ripe Anjou pears
- 2 c strong Red Zinger tea or hibiscus tea
- 1 Tbsp pomegranate molasses (or 1/4 c pomegranate juice)
- 1/4 c honey
- mint leaves
- Peel the pears, leaving them whole with stems.
- Mix the tea, pomegranate juice, and honey in a small saucepan.
- Add the pears and heat to the boil, turn to low, and simmer 30 minutes uncovered, turning the pears frequently.
- Remove the pears to serving bowls and simmer the cooking liquid another 5 minutes, or until just starting to thicken.
- Cool the syrup until warm or room temperature and spoon over the pears.
- Add mint leaves as a garnish.