CPG unMEAT makes a wonderful vegetarian roast beef. They developed this vegan stroganoff recipe and allowed me to include it on this blog. Check out their other plant-based proteins too. They’re really delicious.
- 1 can unMEAT Roast Beef
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 c chopped shallots
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 Tbsp paprika powder
- 1 tsp dried Italian herbs
- 1/2 c sliced brown button mushrooms
- 1/2 c vegetable broth
- 1/2 c vegan sour cream
- 2 Tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
- 4 oz rotini or fusilli pasta, cooked following package instruction
- In a skillet over medium heat, sweat shallots and garlic in olive oil with paprika and Italian herbs until aromatic. Add mushrooms and cook until a little soft.
- Pour in unMEAT Roast Beef and bring to a simmer. You may adjust thickness of sauce with vegetable broth. Stir in yogurt and keep cooking for 3 more minutes.
- Sprinkle parsley and give it a quick stir before turning off the heat. Enjoy with pasta or even rice.