This low calorie meal is full of flavor and rich in nutrients. Serve with Turmeric Rice or couscous.
- 1 1/2 – 2 c cooked lentils, drained and salted
- 4 medium zucchini, sliced 1/3 inch thick
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- 1 c plain yogurt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place oil on large baking sheet. Toss zucchini in the oil until well-coated.
- Add red pepper flakes, paprika, turmeric, salt and pepper; toss again until evenly spiced.
- Place zucchini slices in single layer and bake 15 minutes. Transfer to serving dish.
- Add drained, hot lentils to top in even layer.
- Make yogurt sauce by stirring yogurt, dill and mint together. Serve on top of lentils.