This easy baked dish just requires a great bottled sauce and a good quality mozzarella for delicious flavor. High in protein, children and grown-ups alike will love this dish.
- 1-12 oz block firm tofu, well drained
- 2 c prepared spaghetti sauce
- 2 c shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 c soft bread crumbs
- 1 Tbsp butter or margarine, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and butter an 11 x 7 x 2 inch baking dish or similar.
- Slice tofu in half, and then cut each half into about 6 slices. Blot tofu slices with a clean towel to remove excess water.
- Arrange tofu slices in the prepared baking dish. Pour spaghetti sauce evenly over the tofu. Sprinkle mozzarella over the sauce.
- In a small bowl, blend the bread crumbs and melted butter. Sprinkle them on top of the mozzarella. Bake 20-25 minutes.
- Allow the dish to stand for 10 minutes before serving. Serve with a side of vegetables, or serve over pasta and sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.