Here is a great way to use up those ripe bananas in your kitchen. This pudding is good warm or cold, with milk or whipped cream. It makes a scrumptious dessert.
- 6 oz fresh whole wheat bread cubes
- 1/3 c raisins
- 2/3 c evaporated milk
- 1/2 c sour cream
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 c brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp butter rum extract or vanilla
- 2 large ripe bananas, mashed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter an 8 x 8 x 2 inch baking dish or similar.
- Place bread cubes and raisins in a large bowl. Mix together the milk and sour cream; pour over the bread. Toss so the bread can absorb the liquid.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, brown sugar, rum extract, and mashed bananas. Add banana mixture to soaked bread/raisins and combine.
- Empty into prepared baking dish and bake for 40 minutes, or until set. Allow to stand at least 10 minutes before cutting into squares. Serve warm or cold with milk, whipped cream or sliced bananas.