Makes about 8 medium patties.
- 1 c lowfat (2%) cottage cheese
- 1/2 c finely chopped walnuts
- 1 c crushed bran flakes cereal
- 1 Tbsp chicken style broth mix
- 1/2 c minced fresh onion
- 1/2 c minced fresh parsley
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 tsp rubbed sage
- 1-2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients except the oil together until well combined.
- Divide mixture into 8 patties and shape them in your palms.
- Preheat griddle or skillet to 350 degrees F. Use enough oil to amply coat the frying surface, and heat the oil a few seconds.
- Add the patties in one or two batches and fry the first sides about 5 minutes. Carefully flip over and fry the second sides another 4 minutes or so. When heated through and lightly brown, serve with Old Fashioned Country Chili Sauce or with brown gravy.