My daughter, OmaraK, makes this delightful curry. It is so flavorful and soothing. Enjoy!
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 8 oz kabocha, thinly sliced
- 12 oz coconut milk
- 1 c vegetable broth
- 2 Tbsp green curry paste
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- zest of one lime
- juice of one lime
- 8 oz firm tofu, cubed
- 1 Tbsp white miso
- 1/2 c cilantro, chopped
- In a large skillet over medium heat, warm the coconut oil.
- Add mushrooms; saute 8 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large heavy pot over medium heat, add coconut milk and vegetable broth.
- Whisk in green curry paste and brown sugar until incorporated.
- Add lime zest, lime juice, tofu, mushrooms and kabocha.
- Bring to a simmer, reduce heat and simmer 10-15 minutes or until the kabocha is tender and the sauce has thickened.
- In a small bowl, place 1/4 cup of the broth. Stir in the miso until well-dissolved and add back to pot.
- Top with cilantro and serve hot with sticky rice.