- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 c vegan sausages, sliced
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 large red potato, cut in half-inch pieces
- 1 medium carrot, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 4 c kale, chopped
- 1 c cooked brown rice
- 3 c water
- In a large heavy pot over medium heat, warm the olive oil. Add sausage slices, onion and bell pepper. Saute for 3 minutes. Add garlic and saute another half-minute.
- Add potato, carrot, bay leaf, paprika, salt and pepper. Stir well to coat all.
- Pour in water. Bring to boil, cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes.
- Add kale and brown rice. Stir well until all is submerged and the mixture has come back to boiling.
- Cover pot, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes more.
- Allow to stand covered for 10-20 minutes before serving for best flavor.