Inexpensive, easy and absolutely delicious! Try this simple vegetarian soup for a quick dinner that is nutritious and comforting.
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 c onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 c water or vegetable/bean broth
- 1 c vegetarian refried beans
- 1/2 c mild salsa (red or green)
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 c frozen peas and carrots blend
- 1 c egg noodles
- salt to taste
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, warm the oil and add the onion. Saute 2-3 minutes. Add garlic and saute another 30 seconds.
- Stir in the water, refried beans, salsa, and tomato paste. Blend well and bring to a simmer. Stir in the frozen vegetables and the noodles.
- Bring back to simmering, reduce heat to low, and simmer 10 minutes, stirring often. Adjust for salt. Serve piping hot.