For a healthier dessert, these lovely baked pears can’t be beat. They retain their texture, yet soak up the spicy sweet syrup. The raisins and cashews give them a nice bite as well. Especially nice served warm!
- 5- 6 small firm Anjou pears
- 1/4 c chopped cashews
- 1/4 c golden raisins
- 1 c water
- 1/3 c sugar
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp ground cardamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 tsp butter or margarine
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and butter an 11x 7 x 2 inch baking dish.
- Peel and cut pears in half. Core them using a melon baller or potato peeler. Place in a single layer in the prepared baking dish, cut side up. Sprinkle cashews and raisins over pears.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine water, sugar, and lemon juice; bring to a boil. Pour over pears and sprinkle cardamon over top. Dot with butter.
- Bake 50 minutes, carefully turning pears over half way through cooking time. Allow to cool about 15 minutes before transferring to serving bowls. May also be served chilled.