This is an elegant soup, good enough to serve for company. It’s a great way to use that bumper crop of cucumbers from the garden too!
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 large leek, finely chopped
- 1 lb Persian cucumbers, roughly chopped***
- 2 c filtered water
- 1 c heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp fresh dill, minced (or 2 tsp dry dill)
- 2 tsp coarse sea salt, or to taste
- In a large heavy pot on medium low, melt the butter and oil together.
- Add leeks and saute 15 minutes, stirring constantly until caramelized.
- Place leek mixture, cucumbers, and water in a blender and process until pureed.
- Return to pot and add cream and dill. Bring to heat, but do not simmer. Add salt and serve hot.
Note: If using waxed cucumbers, peel them. If using standard garden cucumbers, remove the seeds.