This low calorie side dish is easy to fix on stovetop, if you have a good cast iron skillet with a lid. The sprouts remain tender-crisp and full of flavor.
- 8 medium Brussels sprouts
- 1/2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- dash cracked black pepper
- Trim Brussels sprouts and cut in half lengthwise.
- Preheat an 8-inch or larger cast iron skillet on medium low.
- Add oil, coating the bottom of the pan. Sprinkle with kosher salt.
- Arrange Brussels sprouts in a single layer, cut sides down. Cook 5-6 minutes, or until slightly charred on the bottom.
- Remove from heat and pour in vinegar. Cover and allow to stand 5 minutes more.
- Sprinkle with pepper and more kosher salt if desired. Serve hot or warm.