The trick to a good cauliflower salad is to cut the cauliflower in petite and neat little florets. This salad is great for a holiday or get-together meal and can be made the day before.
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut in small florets
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and finely sliced
- 1-2 celery ribs, finely sliced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 c sliced Kalamata olives
- 1/4 c chopped dill pickle
- 2 sprigs of tarragon leaves (or 1/2 tsp dry tarragon)
- 1/4 c salad oil
- 1/4 c white distilled vinegar
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- In a large bowl, toss together cauliflower, carrot, celery, green onions, olives and dill pickles. Pick the leaves off the sprigs of tarragon and add them to the bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients until well-blended. Pour over salad and toss. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours for best flavor.