This skillet meal is similar to Hamburger Helper, but without red meat. It’s a down-home dish that is quick and easy to throw together for a busy week night.
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 pkt (1.25 oz) Creamy Garlic Alfredo Sauce mix
- 1 c milk
- 1/2 c shredded Cheddar or Colby cheese
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 c Morningstar Farms Grillers Recipe Crumbles (half the bag) or similar
- 4 c cooked elbow macaroni
- In small saucepan over low heat, melt the butter. Whisk in the Alfredo Sauce mix and milk. Stir until thickened and starting to simmer. Stir in the cheese until incorporated. Remove from flame and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium low, heat the oil and saute the onions and Crumbles until the onions are transparent and the crumbles are heated through and browned.
- Add the sauce and pasta and blend well. Bring to heat and serve with a sprinkling of fresh herbs or sprouts.