Stilton Blue is a special blue cheese made in the UK, my family’s favorite! If you cannot find it, use Roquefort, Gorgonzola, or any Blue Cheese instead.
- 6 c shredded red cabbage
- 1/4 c Stilton Blue cheese crumbles
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp dry mint
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3 Tbsp dry cranberries
- In a large bowl, place the cabbage.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the Stilton cheese, olive oil, lemon juice, mayonnaise, mint, salt and pepper. Break down the crumbles of cheese until they are small in size. (This dressing may also be pulsed in a small food chopper.)
- Pour the dressing over the cabbage and toss well.
- Add cranberries and toss again.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate at least 2 hours. Toss again and place in serving bowls. Garnish with thin strips of lemon peel.