This quick and easy vegan dish makes a light, lovely lunch. It is crunchy and flavorful.
- 6-8 oz fresh snow peas
- 1 large stalk celery
- 1 large orange
- 1 (3 oz pkt) ramen noodles
- 2 Tbsp minced jalapeño pepper
- 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1/8 tsp salt
- dash pepper
- 2-3 Tbsp salted cashew
- Trim snow peas and cut in half on the diagonal. Slice celery on the diagonal in 1/2 inch pieces. Peel orange, section it, remove any pits and cut in bite-sized pieces. Set aside.
- In a medium pot, bring 2-3 cups water to boil. Add noodles and jalapeño pepper. (Do not use flavor packet. Save for another use.)
- Reduce heat and simmer 2-3 minutes, or until barely tender. Drain in fine strainer, and place in bowl with the snow peas and celery. Stir and cover, allowing to stand 10 minutes.
- In a small cup or bowl, whisk together the oil, honey, lime juice, salt and pepper. Pour over salad along with the oranges. Toss gently.
- Serve immediately or cover and chill up to a day. Sprinkle with cashews and serve.