Persian cucumbers require no peeling and are tender and colorful. Here is a low calorie way to serve them.
Makes about 2 cups of salad.
- 1 lb Persian cucumbers, sliced
- 1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 12 Kalamata olives, halved and pitted
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp lime juice (or use lemon)
- 1/2 tsp crushed dry oregano
- 3/4 tsp fine salt
- 1/4 tsp cracked black pepper
- In a medium large bowl, place the cucumbers, onions and olives. Add olive oil and toss well to coat.
- Add lime juice, oregano, salt and pepper. Toss again.
- Place in a covered serving dish. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.