This is a sweet salad with exotic spices in the background. Creamy potatoes with a nice bit of crunch in the vegetables! Use store-bought Old Bay or make your own here!
Makes 6-8 cups.
- 8 medium russet potatoes
- 3 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 red, yellow or orange bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/3 c finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 c sweetened condensed milk (or 1/2 regular sized can)
- 1/2 c mayonnaise
- 1/4 c apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp Old Bay seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Wash potatoes and place in large pot. Cover with water. Place on high heat, bring to boil, reduce heat and boil gently 30 minutes, or until fork tender.
- Drain potatoes and cool for at least 30 minutes.
- Peel potatoes and cut in small dice. Add to large salad bowl.
- Add celery, carrot, bell pepper, and onion.
- In blender or small food processor, thoroughly blend the remaining ingredients. (This may also be done by hand in a medium bowl, using a whisk.)
- Pour dressing on potato mixture and gently toss until well-coated. Chill 2 hours or more before serving for best results.