One of the great delights of the winter holiday season is the availability of beautiful oranges and tangerines. If you are fortunate to have these in your area, try making them into a refreshing minty salad!
Makes about 2 cups.
- 1 large Engish cucumber
- 8 seedless mandarin oranges
- 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp chopped mint leaves
- 1/8 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Cut the English cucumber into 1/4 inch dice and place them in a medium bowl.
- Section the mandarin oranges and add them to the bowl.
- In a small bowl or cup, combine the remaining ingredients and blend well until the honey is completely incorporated into the oil and juice.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well. Serve immediately, or cover and chill. For best results, use within 2-3 days.