This light dessert can be served with a sprig of mint on top or a dollop of whipped topping. Either way, it has a lovely flavor.
- 4 c water (divided use)
- 4 hibiscus tea bags (or 4 tsp loose hibiscus flower tea)
- 2 sprigs fresh mint (or 2 peppermint tea bags)
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1 Tbsp agar agar flakes (or 2 tsp agar agar powder)
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, bring two cups of the water to a boil. Add hibiscus tea and mint sprigs or teabags.
- Remove from heat, cover, and steep 15 minutes. Strain the tea. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, agar agar, and the remaining two cups of water.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat; reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- Combine the sugar syrup with the tea and blend well.
- Lightly oil an 8 x 8 inch pan, and pour the mixture in. Cover pan with foil and refrigerate 8 hours or more.
- Cut gelatin in small cubes and transfer to serving bowls. Top with mint leaves or whipped topping.