Here is another recipe which uses dry, homemade Vegetarian Onion Soup Mix (or a packet of store-bought mix). Using such a mix is an easy way to add flavor to brown rice.
- 1 3/4 c water
- 1 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 1/4 c homemade Vegetarian Onion Soup Mix (or 1 packet store-bought)
- 1 c long grain brown rice
- 1 tsp dry parsley
- 1/8 tsp sea salt (less if using salty soup mix)
- In a medium saucepan bring the water, butter, soup mix, and salt to a boil.
- Add brown rice and parsley; stir well. Lower heat to the lowest setting, cover tightly and simmer for 40 minutes.
- Keeping cover on, remove from heat and allow to stand 10 minutes. Using a fork, fluff and lightly mix. Serve hot.