- 2 medium yams (about 1 lb), scrubbed
- 1 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 c onion, chopped
- 1 c bell pepper, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 chili pepper, minced (optional)
- 1/2 c canned pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1/4 c Thai sweet chili sauce
- Place whole yams in a pot and cover with water. Bring to boiling over high heat, reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes, or until just fork tender. Cool, peel, and cut into 1/4 inch slices.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and butter an 8 x 8 x 2 inch baking dish.
- In a large skillet on medium, heat the oil and butter. Add onions and bell peppers. Saute 4 minutes. Add garlic and chili peppers and saute another minute.
- Stir in the pineapple and sweet chili sauce. Remove from flame and pour half of the skillet mixture in the prepared baking dish to form an even layer.
- Arrange yam slices evenly on top. Cover with remaining skillet mixture and spread evenly. Bake 20-25 minutes, or until heated through. Serve hot.