I used orange cauliflower in this recipe, but any color will do nicely. This is an economical entree, and easily doubles for a large family.
- 8 oz rotini pasta
- 1/2 medium head cauliflower, cut in small florets
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/3 c grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 c minced parsley
- 1 Tbsp minced capers
- Place the cauliflower florets on a large baking sheet and drizzle them with olive oil. Toss until all florets are coated. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake the cauliflower at 400 degrees for 35-40 minutes, or until lightly browned and tender.
- While roasting the cauliflower, bring a large pot of boiling water to a boil and add a teaspoon of salt. Stir in the rotini and cook until just tender. Drain, and put back in pot.
- Place the roasted cauliflower in the pot with the rotini and add garlic, red pepper flakes, and most of the Parmesan cheese, parsley and capers. Toss until well-incorporated.
- Serve hot with extra Parmesan cheese.