This simple sandwich spread is low in cost and high in protein. It’s great on whole grain bread or mounded on a green salad for a delicious lunch entree.
Makes about 3 cups.
- 1 1/2 c cooked soybeans, drained
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, finely sliced
- 3 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 3 Tbsp sweet pickle relish
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp dry tarragon
- 1/2 tsp salt (less if using salted soybeans)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- In a medium bowl, mash the beans with a pastry cutter or potato masher.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend well. Spread on sandwiches and top with lettuce and tomato. Refrigerate unused portion.