This basic baked tofu dish makes a high protein hot entree, and is also good cold, wrapped up in a lunchbox.
- 1-14 oz carton extra firm tofu
- 1 Tbsp white miso
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame seed oil
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp water
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Rinse the tofu and pat it dry. Cut in 1/3 inch triangular slices.
- In a small bowl, blend together the remaining ingredients.
- Lay the tofu triangles on the parchment paper and brush with the sauce. Turn over and brush the other side.
- Bake 20 minutes, turn triangles over, and bake another 20 minutes, or until browned and firm.