You can save yourself a bit of work by using a food processor to chop and blend the ingredients in this recipe, but anyway you make it, you will enjoy the flavor and high protein content of these burgers.
Makes 8 large or 12 small burgers.
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 stalk celery, minced
- 1 1/2 c cooked soybeans
- 1/2 c Cedar Lakes All-Purpose Breading Meal or dry bread crumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 Tbsp vegetarian Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp ketchup
- 1 Tbsp tahini or peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp basil
- season salt to taste
- 2 Tbsp canola or peanut oil
- In a food processor or medium bowl, combine all ingredients well and form with hands into burgers.
- Heat oil on griddle at 350 degrees F. or in large skillet over medium high.
- Brown the burgers lightly for a few minutes, turn and brown the other sides, pushing down a bit to flatten.
- Repeat this process one more time until the burgers are firm and well-browned.
- Serve with barbecue sauce and mashed potatoes or on toasted burger buns with all the trimmings.