I had a delicious Thai pumpkin soup yesterday, and its key ingredient was green curry paste. I wanted to capture that wonderful flavor in cooking soybeans today. I think it really came together nicely.
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seed oil
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1/2 c onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 4 tsp all-purpose flour
- 1-13.5 oz can coconut milk
- 2 tsp dark soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp green curry paste
- 4 tsp raw sugar
- 1 c frozen peas
- 1-15 oz can cut baby corn
- 3 c cooked soy beans
- 2 c cooked brown rice
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, for garnish
- Heat sesame seed oil and canola oil in a large skillet over medium low heat.
- Saute onions, garlic, and ginger for about 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir in flour and blend well.
- Pour in coconut milk, soy sauce, curry paste and sugar and heat until simmering and well blended.
- Add peas, corn, and soybeans.
- Simmer until well heated, but peas are still bright green.
- Serve over hot brown rice and garnish with cilantro leaves.