Here is the latest entry in our ongoing Terkettes Challenge. This quiche can be baked in a frozen, store-bought pie shell or in your favorite homemade one. It makes a complete meal when served with a green salad or fruit salad.
- 1 Tbsp margarine or butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp celery seed
- 1/2 tsp rosemary
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- 1-10 oz can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1/2 c half ‘n half
- 1 c shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 3 c frozen cauliflower/broccoli florets, defrosted
- 10 oz Terkettes, drained and cut in quarters or Seitan
- 1 uncooked 9.5 inch pie shell
- In a large skillet, melt the margarine and add the onion.
- Saute until tender.
- Stir in the celery seed, rosemary, salt, and pepper; heat for about 30 seconds.
- Add the celery soup and half ‘n half. Blend well and heat until simmering.
- Stir in the cheddar cheese. Blend well and remove from flame.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- When skillet mixture is nearly cool, stir in the eggs, cauliflower/broccoli florets and the Terkettes.
- Blend well and pour into the pie shell.
- Bake in the lower third of the oven for 50-60 minutes, or until set up and browning on top.
- Cool at least 10 minutes before slicing and serving.