- 1 c rice
- 1 c cooked chickpeas, drained
- 3/4 c sour cream
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- 2 eggs
- 2 c fresh bread crumbs
- 1/4 c red onion, minced
- 1/4 c parsley, minced
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- In a food processor or blender, pulse the remaining ingredients until fine and well incorporated.
- In a large skillet heat the olive oil on medium low.
- Working in two or three batches, drop the chickpea mixture by tablespoon in the hot pan and fry a couple of minutes on each side, or until golden brown and set up, yet still soft inside.
- Remove to the serving bowl and break them up into crumbles with a spoon.
- Add the rice and blend well. Sprinkle with extra parsley if desired and serve with a dollop of sour cream and slices of lemon.