- 3/4 pound dandelion greens
- 2 c pre-cooked potatoes
- 6 Tbsp cracker meal (divided use)
- 1 c cottage cheese
- 1 1/4 c sharp cheddar cheese (divided use)
- 1 tsp dry basil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and boil a large pot of salted water. Trim the thick stems from the dandelion greens and wash in several waters. Chop the greens roughly and drop them into the boiling water for 2 minutes. Rinse under cold water and drain.
- Peel the potatoes and place them in a large bowl. Mash them with a potato masher or in a food processor. Add in the greens, 4 tablespoons of the cracker meal, cottage cheese, one cup of the cheddar cheese, basil, garlic, eggs, salt and pepper. Blend very well.
- Oil an 11 x 7 x 2 inch baking pan and put a smooth layer of the dandelion green mixture in it. Top with the remaining two tablespoons of cracker meal and sprinkle evenly with the remaining 1/4 cup of shredded cheddar. Bake about 20-25 minutes, or until set up and browning around the edges. Cut into squares and serve.