This is an Americanized version of my Kookoo Sabzi, a Persian herb dish. I think the flavors are wonderful, and the dish is loaded with vitamins and minerals. If you have an abundance of chard in the garden, this is the recipe to make!
- 6 c chopped green chard (thick stems removed)
- 2 c chopped parsley
- 4 eggs
- 3 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 tsp dry dill
- 1/2 tsp dry savory
- 1/2 tsp Herbes de Provence
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 small lemon, sliced (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and generously butter a round 8-inch cake pan.
- Place one-half of the chard and parsley in a food processor and pulse until finely minced. Add the other half and pulse again until finely minced.
- Add eggs, garlic, olive oil, flour, dill, savory, Herbes de Provence, salt, pepper, and baking powder. Process until well blended.
- Spoon mixture evenly into the prepared pan and smooth the top. Bake 30 minutes, or until set up. Cut in wedges and serve with lemon wedges.