This is a low fat, easy-fix meal that is great for a light lunch. You can add black olives, avocado and/or pinto beans if you like. An easy way to serve it is to fill each tortilla with the hot Terkette mixture and then set out bowls of the various toppings at the table.
- 1- 20 ounce can Terkettes
- 1/4 c hot sauce or taco sauce
- 2 limes, juiced
- 4-6 flat corn tortilla shells, hot
- 2 c lettuce, shredded
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1/4 c slice green onions
- 1/4 c cilantro, minced
- 1/2 c sour cream
- Drain and finely dice the Terkettes.
- Stir in the hot sauce and lime juice.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high and brown the Terkettes, turning two or three times.
- Put a generous portion of the Terkettes on each hot tortilla and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of cheese.
- Add lettuce, tomato, green onions, cilantro, and a dollop of sour cream.
- Garnish with lime slices.