Each Loma Linda Super-Link contains 7 grams of protein, is low in fat, and has a meaty texture. The Hungarian spices in this dish blend nicely with the Super-Links.
Serves 5-6. Prep=10 minutes. Cooking=40 minutes. Total time=50 minutes.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 serrano chili, seeded and minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp caraway seeds
- 3 c water
- 1 1/2 c tomatoes, chopped
- 1 1/2 c cabbage, chopped
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled, thinly sliced
- 4 Loma Linda Super-Links, thinly sliced
- 1 medium bell pepper, seeded, cut in strips
- 1 tsp dry dill or 1 Tbsp fresh dill, minced
- 1 tsp mild Hungarian paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- In a 5 quart or larger heavy pot over medium low heat, warm the oil. Saute the onions 3 minutes.
- Add serrano chili, garlic, and caraway seeds; saute another minute.
- Stir in the water, tomatoes, cabbage, potatoes, Super-Links, bell pepper, dill, paprika, and salt. Bring to boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat, partially cover, and simmer 30 minutes. Serve hot.