Use Vibrant Life Nut-Loaf, Cedar Lake Nutee Supreme,Cedar Lake Nuti-Loaf, or any similar product in this recipe. This sandwich filling will remind you a bit of tuna salad, though it has its own unique nutty taste. Spread this filling on rolls, whole wheat bread, or crackers…or add a scoop to the top of a fresh green salad.
Makes enough filling for 6 large sandwiches.
- 1/2 can nut loaf* (9.5 oz)
- 1/4 c mayonnaise
- 1/3 c celery, finely chopped
- 1/3 c sweet onion, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp sweet pickle relish
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- pinch black pepper
- Cut the nut loaf in 4-5 slices and place in a medium bowl. Using a fork, mash each slice until there are no large chunks, but there is still a bit of texture to the mix.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend well. Chill or serve immediately on crackers, rolls, pita, or sandwich bread. This filling is also delicious scooped on top of a green salad.
Use Vibrant Life Nut-Loaf, Cedar Lake Nuti-Loaf, or a similar vegetarian product. (See links at top.)