Here is a tasty slow cooker recipe that will make your life easier. Using store-bought vegetarian sausages or our recipe for Polish Kielbasa, you will find this low calorie, low fat recipe easy and inexpensive to make.
Makes 9-10 cups of stew.
- 2-14 oz cans sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 3 c water
- 1 Tbsp vegan butter or margarine
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 large potato, chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 medium sweet onion, minced
- 1/4 c brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 4 vegetarian kielbasa sausagesor Bratwurst sausages
- Place sauerkraut, water, vegan butter, carrot, potato, tomato, onion, brown sugar, coriander seeds, salt, and black pepper in a slow cooker. Stir well. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Cut the kielbasa sausages into bite-sized pieces. Stir the stew, and add the kielbasa. Cook for one more hour. Serve hot with a sprinkling of minced parsley.