- 2 c uncooked ziti pasta (or similar)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 6-8 oz vegetarian chicken strips
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 medium bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 8 c chopped dandelion greens
- 1 c reserved pasta water
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water until al dente. Drain, reserving pasta cooking water.
- In a large heavy pot over medium low, heat the oil. Add vegetarian chicken strips, onions, and pepper slices. Saute about 4 minutes, or until chicken is browned and vegetables are partially cooked.
- Add garlic and saute another few seconds.
- Pour in the dandelion greens, reserved pasta water, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, for about 5 minutes, or until dandelions have cooked down and are tender.
- Stir in pasta and serve hot.