This is a very basic, easy-to-make honey cake. It is based on on a recipe that is over 100 years old!
- 1/2 c butter or shortening
- 1 c honey
- 2 eggs, well-beaten
- 1 c whole milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 c all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt (omit if using salted butter)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking pan.
- Cream honey and butter.
- Add eggs, milk and vanilla. Mix well.
- Sift dry ingredients and fold them in. Beat briefly until smooth.
- Spread batter evenly in prepared baking pan.
- Bake 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean and edges are golden brown.
- Cool in pan and slice.