This is a nutritious, high protein dessert that is easy to fix and has the consistency of cheese cake without the fat.
Makes 4 servings:
- 8 oz (1 c) cottage cheese
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 4 medium egg yolks
- zest of 1 medium lemon
- 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- dash nutmeg
- 1 small nectarine
- 1 small plum
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and lightly butter 4 half-cup ramekins.
- Place the cottage cheese, honey, egg yolks, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, and vanilla into a food processor and process until creamy (should be the consistency of royal icing).
- Pit and finely dice the nectarine and plum. Place the fruit in the bottom of the prepared ramekins.
- Pour the cottage cheese mixture over the fruit, leaving 1/4-inch room at the top.
- Grate fresh nutmeg on the top of each custard and place all four ramekins in a baking dish for stability. Bake 30 minutes, or until set.
- Cool and then chill until served.